There are many similarities and differences between Myanmar and Northeastern India.
- Both regions speak primarily Sino-Tibetan languages.
- Both areas are plagued by militancy.
- They have similar cultures.
- Tribes such as the Khamti, Tai-Phake, Naga tribes, Chin/Mizo and Chakma/Tangchangya are found across the Indo-Myanmar Border.
- Northeast India is dominated by Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Animism. Myanmar is dominated by Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Animism.
- Myanmar is much poorer than Northeastern India.
- Myanmar is not fully democratic while India is.
Those are some I could think of.